Each tooth plays an important role in your oral health
Even if you have lost just one tooth – whether it’s a new situation, or something you have lived with for years – chances are you have never become fully accustomed to losing such a vital part of yourself. Now you can start over! With titanium tooth roots your dentist can offer replacement teeth that look, feel and function just like natural teeth. Dental implants can be your doorway to renewed self-confidence and peace of mind. Dental implants fuse with jawbone to form a secure foundation for tooth replacement.
A missing single tooth surrounded by healthy teeth has unique demands. The challenge is to replace your missing tooth for both function and appearance, without harming your remaining teeth or gum tissue.
Besides good function, the ideal replacement must look like a natural tooth, both to you and to others. The solutions possible with an implant supported crown which takes advantage of the best appearance possibilities available in dentistry.
The ideal replacement for your missing tooth must also feel like a natural tooth and be easy to keep clean. Knowing your tooth is stable while eating and talking means a lot. You’ll also be glad your treatment didn’t require grinding your remaining natural teeth.
The long term safety of a single-tooth replacement is established. Your dentist will discuss with you a treatment plan for long term results. The hope of restoring something important that has been lost, especially in the human body, is an exciting possibility. With tooth implants it’s not just a hope – It’s a reality!
• Acts like your natural tooth root. You do not feel the difference.
• Are made of biocompatible materials. As a result, they are accepted by your body.
• Your implant can actually last a lifetime with proper care and good oral hygiene.
• Are minimally invasive. Your adjacent teeth are untouched. Because unlike conventional bridges, there is no need to grind down adjacent natural teeth.
• Maintain natural bone, and minimize further bone loss due to bone stimulation – one of their most important advantages.
• Provide stability and comfort, with no Adjustment necessary after placement.
• The first step is the placement of the titanium implant. The implant will remain covered underneath the gum for approximately 3 to 6 months. During this time, the implant should fuse to the bone.
• The second step of the procedure involves uncovering the implant and attaching a post. This completes the foundation on which your new tooth will be placed. In some instances, your dental surgeon may decide to place the post at the time of the initial surgery.
• The final step is the placement of your tooth by your dentist. With techniques that ensure optimal size, shape, colour and fit, this replacement tooth should blend with your remaining teeth.
Once you lose a tooth, the immediate solution is to replace it, especially if it is a front tooth. But what happens when you lose a tooth that is not visible when you smile? The tendency is to ignore it. However, any missing tooth can have a negative impact on your quality of life, as well as dental and oral health. When we chew, a healthy tooth strengthens the quality of the bone; similar to how exercise protects against bone loss. Furthermore, when a tooth is missing, healthy teeth tend to shift position towards the gap due to bone loss, affecting how our upper and lower teeth meet.
This may affect how we place pressure on the teeth when chewing, and have an impact on surrounding muscles and joints, resulting in pain and various other symptoms such as headaches or migraines. Hence each tooth plays an important role in ensuring that teeth in front of and behind it stay in alignment, and maintaining the jaw bone.
Today modern dental restorations help thousands of people improve their lives. With the latest technologies and materials, individual teeth – or even entire rows of teeth – can be replaced for a natural looking appearance and restored function. We invite you to learn more about the many options available to you. Ask your dentist about regaining a natural, self-confident smile.
Reviews From Our Clients